I've been doing a lot of thinking lately and I've come to the conclusion I really have not come to a solid conclusion. I've been thinking about how to move forward with my life, trying to develop a long-term plan for the next few months.
The only definite answer is that there is not one. I just want to be happy the next few months before joining the real world, and I know the best way to do that is to take it day by day. This will be hard because I live for planning my life, but it's time to finally go with the flow like the rest of the world is doing at the moment.
All I have been doing the past few days is reading and working out like crazy. And spending time with my family. I really haven't even seen any friends from high school, and I realized I really don't miss them. Each time we see each other, conversation becomes forced, like we have nothing in common anymore. We all have grown up and apart from one another. It's weird to think that the best friends I've had since middle school are not only acquaintances. I can't even imagine or want to tell them things I would tell my sisters or people at Brockport. Why do people grow apart? Is it because they don't care to keep in touch, or you were only friends for that certain phase in your life?
The only person this hasn't happened to is my best friend. I know we don't talk as often as we should, but one thing I love about our relationship is that we can just pick up where we left off and talk for hours. I tell her everything, and she is one of the few people who will listen, never give her opinion unless it is asked.
I'm used to being the listener, only giving people support and an ear to listen; I never give my opinion unless it is wanted. When I try to tell people things, many want to say "Why did you do something stupid like that?" or "I told you so!" or "This is how you should have handled the situation?" When did people become so judgmental and nosy - what ever happened to someone just listening?
No comments:
Post a Comment