Caroline Kennedy is trying to be the next senator in New York state. I've been reading headlines and some people are for her because she can continue the beloved Kennedy legacy, while others believe she will not make a competent politician because she is a female and does not have any political experience.
Political experience my ass. She has grown up in a family of political overachievers, and I think she has quietly and reverently observed from the sidelines. Everyone needs to start somewhere, so why should she be any different and given criticism because she is a female. Her father was one of the most beloved presidents in the United States; I think it would be interesting to see how the world and the United States would have been if he was president and not assassinated at an early time in his career.
Throughout history, women were just as knowledgeable as their husbands or fathers about politics. Look at Eleanor Roosevelt or Elizabeth I; they had husbands and fathers as leaders, but they still observed and looked at the world around them. These females would have been just as capable of running a country as their male counterparts. Elizabeth I did and she did it pretty well.
I hope there is not going to be another Sarah Palin situation on our hands. Caroline Kennedy is educated and a lawyer; she has the same experience and background as numerous politicians and maybe more because she grew up in a political dynasty. I hope that she will carry herself and rely on her intelligence and experience, not her physical appearance and the fact she is a woman if she wants the New York state senate seat.
No comments:
Post a Comment